Motherhood is a transformative journey that begins with the flutter of anticipation, the joy of holding new life within, and the overwhelming sense of responsibility that accompanies it. To be a mother is to sacrifice, to give of oneself wholly and selflessly.
There are several different phases of life, childhood, teenage years, our early adulthood, but Motherhood is a phase of life that never ends, it simply changes organically as our children grow. Motherhood is special to me because I’ve personally been experiencing it for 20 years, and I have been watching new mothers begin their journeys for over 22 years as a labor and delivery nurse. I am in the unique position to witness the instant love and bond that happens between a mother and a child, and it’s the most beautiful thing in the world.
Here are some of my favorite motherhood quotes:
- “This is motherhood for you,’ said my own mother. ‘Going through life with your heart outside your body.’”
- “There is no greater good in all the world than motherhood. The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.”
- “If I were asked to define Motherhood. I would have defined it as Love in its purest form. Unconditional love.”
- “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.”
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.”
To really embrace my love of motherhood, I am giving away one session to a mother and her little one. See my Instagram page for more details and to enter.
You can view more pictures that capture the beauty of motherhood here.
Comment below with your favorite motherhood quotes and be sure to enter my giveaway by following my Instagram business page and following the instructions.